IN THIS ARTICLE
- MailerLite Integration Details
- How to Connect MailerLite to Databox
- How to Use and Create MailerLite Metrics
- Additional Information
MailerLite Integration Details
IN THIS SECTION
MailerLite is an email marketing software designed to help people of all skill levels create professional and personalized marketing campaigns.
The MailerLite integration is designed for more tech-savvy users, as it syncs data through a Custom API integration. In order to create MailerLitemetrics in Databox, you’ll need to use the Metric Builder. Learn more about the basics of Metric Builder for Custom API Integrations here.
If you'd like us to help you get set up with Slack in Databox, please fill out this request form or book a call with one of our product experts:
- Free Databox users (or potential users) book a call here
- Paying Databox customers book a call here
|Type of Account access needed||Not Specified|
|Available endpoints||All REST endpoints|
|Available requests||All GET requests|
|Needed permissions (scopes)||/|
|Allowed API versions||MailerLite Classic account users can only use API V1. For new MailerLite accounts, you can use either API V2 or API V1. Learn more here.|
|Dynamic date range support||No|
|Type of Pagination supported||page, offset, next|
|Follow the status of the API on the official changelog|
How to connect MailerLite to Databox
IN THIS SECTION
- What’s the maximum amount of historical data initially available when you use a new MailerLite Metric in Databox?
- What time zone does MailerLite data sync in?
- What type of pagination is supported by MailerLite Integration
How to connect MailerLite to Databox
To connect a MailerLite Account in Databox, go to Data Manager > + New connection. Type MailerLite in the search bar and click on the Connect button. Next, click the green Connect now button.
This will open the Authorization window, which is where you will be prompted to enter your API Key to authorize the Databox app. Learn how to access your API Key here.
How to access your API key, access token / API key secret?
To successfully connect your MailerLite with Databox, you will need to use your API key in the connect process.
You can find and access your API Key by navigating to Profile Picture > My Profile > Integrations > API > Use > Generate new token. Copy your API Key and paste it in Databox's Activate MailerLite window.
Once you have entered your API Key in Databox's Activate MailerLite window, click the green Activate button to authorize the Databox app.
Pro Tip: You can access the Developer API where you will be able to generate your API Key here.
What's the maximum amount of historical data initially available when you use a new MailerLite Data Source Metric in Databox?The amount of historical data available in Databox is dependent on the custom metric setup, API limitations, pagination limitations, and the user’s Databox plan:
- Custom Metric Setup: When a user creates a metric using an endpoint that supports date time parameters in the API request, those date time parameters determine the amount of historical data that will be pulled for the given metric. You can learn more about the date time parameters here.
- API Limitations: APIs may have limits set by the system itself on the amount of historical data that is stored/ can be accessed.
- Pagination Limitations: The pagination limit is set to 100 pages, which means that pagination will stop when the 100th page is reached. In cases where the metric is using pagination, of course, the interplay of date time parameters and pagination can have an impact on how much of the historical data the user can pull for a given metric. Learn more here.
- Databox Plan: The amount of historical data you're able to access in Databox is dependent on your Databox plan. Learn more here.
Pro Tip: In order to start syncing data for a Metric, you can add it to your Metrics screen, use it in a Scorecard, set a Goal around it, create an Alert for it, or add it to a Databoard. Learn more here.
What time zone does MailerLite data sync in?
Timezone is user-defined. Since there are no date-time related request parameters, timezone is applied only to data, where it should have a valid offset.
What type of pagination is supported by MailerLite Integration
Different endpoints support various pagination methods, but they are not specifically documented. Pagination can be controlled with the limit request parameter, which defaults to 25. With the page request parameter, we can jump to the specific page, default is 1.
Learn more about pagination here.
How to use and create MailerLite Metrics
IN THIS SECTION
How to access pre-built MailerLite Metrics
- Navigate to Metrics > Metric Library
- In the Browse by Data Source section, click the Data Source dropdown and search for Slack. This will filter out pre-built Slack Metrics.
How to create custom MailerLite Metrics
Let’s walk through how to create a Custom Metric for MailerLite.
In order to prepare API requests, you should reference API-specific documentation that can be found in the Databox app through the API Docs link in the top right of the Prepare API Request page. Or, use this direct link.
- Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics to access the Metric Builder for MailerLite.
- Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected MailerLite Account from the Data Source drop-down list.
- Open the API documentation for MailerLite to find the endpoint that will return the data needed for the given custom metric you wish to create.
- Click the drop-down to select GET or POST as the HTTP Method. This is dependent on the information you found in the API documentation.
- The Base URL is already predefined, you will need to copy the missing part of your chosen endpoint to sync the appropriate data.
Add Parameters based on your HTTP Method. Parameters limit the records returned for the API request.
If you’re creating a GET request, define the Key and Value pair(s). The API documentation provides information on endpoints for a field/ argument, which will be the Key. The condition (i.e., an ID, true/ false, etc.) will be the Value.
If the API documentation for MailerLite states that the Integration supports dynamic date ranges, you will be able to click the calendar icon to add datetime parameters.
If you’re creating a POST request, define the relevant JSON body.
Click on the calendar icon to add datetime parameters.
- Pro Tip: You can choose multiple Keys and Values for one Custom Metric. You can add an additional Key and Value by clicking on “+”.
- You can add Headers that include Key and Value pairs if the API needs this to successfully return data.
- If the endpoint supports pagination, we recommend you select the appropriate method using the Pagination Method dropdown.
- Once you have the basic setup, click on the green Continue button. You will be directed to the Select value step.
- In the Select value step, select a property that includes the metric value you'd like to track in your Custom Metric. A metric value must be purely numeric.
- Once you have selected the value, click on the green Continue button.
The Segment by dimension step is optional. This step will be taken into account only when you are trying to create a dimensional metric. If you'd like to segment your metric by multiple dimensions, choose one to complete during this set up, then begin again and select a different dimension until each desired metric is created.
To skip this step, select None.
- The Select date step is optional as well.
- Use current time of storing data (Dynamic): Select this option if you don’t want to select a date field
- Use a field from response (optional): Select this if you want to select a date in order to see your data in predefined intervals.
- In the Preview & Customize step, you can see the JSONata expression that has been created based on your selection of properties.
You can customize the JSONata expression (optional) in the right editor panel.
- To continue, click on the Preview data button to validate the expression and returned data.
- Once you have previewed your data, click on the green Continue button to proceed to the last step of setting up your Custom Metric.
In the Describe metric step, you can set up the following:
Name your metric: Enter a name for your custom metric.
Data Aggregation: These selections determine how your data is handled. This especially impacts the way data is grouped and displayed for longer Date Ranges. Learn more here.
Favourable trend: You can select when "Trending UP is positive" or "Trending DOWN is positive," since some metrics are better (positive) when the value is lower (like Bounce rate, Churn rate, etc.). This will affect how comparison values and goal comparisons are calculated and calculated.
Once you completed the Describe metric step, click the green Continue button to finish the Custom metric setup.
IN THIS SECTION
- Databox limits the use of its integrations to GET requests. This is because our integration only reads your data.
- Rate limits: 60 requests on individual endpoints can be made per minute. If this limit is exceeded, you will need to wait until the quota resets.
Each endpoint with a rate limit has a [Rate limited] tag on the API reference page.
Each API request comes back with four headers related specifically to rate limiting. Learn more about MailerLite Rate limits here.
WARNING: If specific scopes of an integration allow you to create, change, delete or manipulate data in any other way, using such API calls can result in unexpected behavior. Databox is in no way liable for such API calls.