- Access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for Snapchat Ads (Standard Metrics)
- Use the Metric Builder for Snapchat Ads (Standard Metrics)
- Create a Custom Snapchat Ads Standard Metric [Example]
- Add a Custom Snapchat Ads Standard Metric to a Databoard
- Additional Information
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for Snapchat Ads (Standard Metrics)
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics to access the Metric Builder. Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected Snapchat Ads Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Standard Metrics radio button.
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and higher plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following these steps.
How to use the Metric Builder for Snapchat Ads (Standard Metrics)
Pro Tip: Add the word "by" in between the Metric and Dimension in order to determine an appropriate Custom Metric Name. From the Metric and Dimension examples outlined above, we could create the Custom Metrics "Amount Spent by Country," "Total Impressions by Age," or "Story Open Rate by Gender."
Pro Tip : If you don't know which Filters to put in place for your use case, use the Dimension + Data Preview to troubleshoot and get more insight into the data that is returned from your Snapchat Account for each field. Learn more here.
How to create a Custom Snapchat Ads Standard Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to report on Story Opens tracked in the Snapchat Ads Account, split up based on Age.
- Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics
- Click the green + New Custom Metric button
- Select the appropriate Snapchat Ads Data Source
- Select the Standard Metrics radio button
- Select Story Opens from the Metric drop-down list
- Next, we'll select Age from the Dimension drop-down list so that the Story Opens values returned are split up based on Age
- We don't need to further Filter the data, so we will leave the Filter section blank
- In order to accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric "Story Opens by Age"
- Click Preview data to generate a Data Preview of the Custom Metric
- Once we confirm that these are the results we're looking for, we'll click Save to save the Custom Metric
How to add a Custom Snapchat Ads Standard Metric to a Databoard
Learn how to add a Custom Metric to a Databoard here.
- The Data Preview is limited to display a maximum of 20 Dimensions per Date Range for Dimensional Metrics. Dimensions will be sorted by descending value, therefore the 20 Dimensions with the highest total values will be displayed in the Data Preview for each Date Range.