- Access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for Pipedrive CRM (Deals)
- Use the Metric Builder for Pipedrive CRM (Deals)
- Create a Custom Pipedrive CRM (Deals) Metric [Example]
- Add a Custom Pipedrive CRM (Deals) Metric to a Databoard
- Additional Information
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for Pipedrive CRM (Deals)
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics to access the Metric Builder for Pipedrive CRM. Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected Pipedrive CRM Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Deals radio button.
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and higher plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following these steps.
How to use the Metric Builder for Pipedrive CRM (Deals)
Pro Tip: Add the word "by" in between the Metric and Dimension in order to determine an appropriate Custom Metric Name. From the Metric and Dimension examples outlined above, we could create the Custom Metrics "Deals Won Amount by Deal Owner" or "Deals Lost by Pipeline."
Pro Tip: Pipedrive Filters are only accessible from within the object where they were created in the Pipedrive CRM Account. This means Filters created in the Deals object will only be visible in the Metric Builder for Pipedrive CRM (Deals), Filters created in the Activities object will only be visible in the Metric Builder for Pipedrive CRM (Activities), etc.
Pro Tip: If a Pipedrive Filter is set to Shared in the Pipedrive CRM Account, it will be available in Databox. If a Pipedrive Filter is set to Private in the Pipedrive CRM Account, it will only be visible in Databox if the user who created the private Pipedrive Filter is the same as the user who connected the Pipedrive CRM Account to Databox.
If the data synced from the Metric and Dimension fields meet the Filter specifications, the data is retained and included in the Custom Metric value. If the data synced from the Metric and Dimension fields don't meet the Filter specifications, the data is excluded from the Custom Metric value.
Pro Tip: If you don't know which Filters to put in place for your use case, use the Dimension + Data Preview to troubleshoot and get more insight into the data that is returned from your Pipedrive CRM Account for each field. Learn more here.
H) Data Preview: After clicking Preview Data, a Data Preview of the Custom Metric will be displayed. Daily Metric values are displayed in this section, along with the total Metric values for the Date Range in bold at the bottom. You can view the Data Preview for different Date Ranges by clicking on the drop-down list at the top of the Data Preview.
J) Save: Save your Custom Metric.
How to create a Custom Pipedrive CRM (Deals) Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to report on Deals Won Amount from ''Sales'' Pipeline, split up based on Deal Owner.
- Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics
- Click the green + New Custom Metric button
- Select the appropriate Pipedrive CRM Data Source
- Select the Deals radio button
- The Value we want returned is the Deals Won Amount, so we'll select Deals Won Amount from the Metric drop-down list
- We want all Deals split up based on the Deal Owner, so we'll choose Deal Owner as the Dimension
- We're interested in tracking Closed Won Deals, so Close Time will be our Date Field selection
- Since we only want to report on Deals from our ''Sales'' Pipeline, we'll add a Filter that specifies Pipeline = Sales
- To accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric "Deals Won Amount by Deal Owner (Sales Pipeline)."
- Click Preview data to generate a Data Preview of the Custom Metric
- Once we confirm that these are the results we're looking for, we'll click Save to save the Custom Metric
How to add a Custom Pipedrive CRM (Deals) Metric to a Databoard
Learn how to add a Custom Metric to a Databoard here.
- "Data preview error": If you have a lot of deals and activity-related data in your Pipedrive CRM Account, your request for data may time out when you attempt to Preview Data. In order to successfully run the Custom Metric, it's recommended that you set up a Pipedrive Filter within your Pipedrive CRM account to cut down on the records included in the query. This Pipedrive Filter should be applied to the Custom Metric.
- Only the following filter field types set within your Pipedrive CRM account are supported in the Metric Builder for Pipedrive CRM (Deals): ''Stage,'' ''Pipeline,'' ''Text,'' ''User,'' and ''Varchar.'' If any other field type is selected, the filter won't be displayed in the Pipedrive filter drop-down in the Metric Builder.
- The Data Preview is limited to display a maximum of 20 Dimensions per Date Range for Dimensional Metrics. Dimensions will be sorted by descending value, therefore the 20 Dimensions with the highest total values will be displayed in the Data Preview for each Date Range