How to verify my TV can stream dashboards
While most new smart TVs come with built-in browsers capable of directly streaming your dashboards, it is still recommended that you use an external device with a full-scale browser (i.e. Asus Chromebit, Google Chromecast, or Amazon TV Fire Stick). This will turn your TV into a computer and display the Shareable Link.
If your native TV browser is not powerful enough to display the dashboards, a red pop-up reading Device not supported will appear. In such cases, consider updating your TV’s device software and trying again.
There is no guarantee that the dashboards will display on a built-in TV browser, even after updating to the latest version.
For older TVs, it is necessary to use a device like Asus Chromebit, Google Chromecast, or Amazon TV Fire Stick to essentially turn your TV into a computer and display the Shareable Link.
Pro Tip: Asus Chromebit and Amazon TV Fire Stick's functionality allows you to display Databoards on your TV with no additional device needed. Google Chromecast requires a computer, tablet, or phone to cast the Databoards to your TV.
Make sure your screen is at least 50" with full HD support. This will ensure your Databoards are displayed in the best quality possible.
Pro Tip: We recommend widescreen devices (ratio 16:9/ 9:16; resolution 1080 x 1920) for the Stream to TV feature to work as expected on horizontal (landscape)/ vertical (portrait) TVs and monitors.
How to stream to a new TV
- On your Smart TV, navigate to tv.databox.com. This will reveal a 4-digit code
- In Databox, navigate to the Databoards page
- Hover over the Databoard that you want to stream to your TV. Click on the Share icon.
- Pro Tip: If you want to stream Looped Databoards to your TV, navigate to Databoards > Looped Databoards and find the loop that you want to send via email. Click on the dropdown arrow next to the View button > select Share > navigate to Stream to TV tab in the Share window.
- Navigate to the Stream to TV tab in the Share window
- Enter the 4-digit code that you see on your Smart TV in the Code field in Databox.
- Click the green Stream to TV button