- Access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for TikTok Ads (Basic Report)
- Use the Metric Builder for TikTok Ads (Basic Report)
- Create a Custom TikTok Ads Metric [Example]
- Add a Custom TikTok Ads Metric to a Databoard
- Additional Information
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for TikTok Ads (Basic Report)
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics to access the Metric Builder. Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected TikTok Ads Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Basic Report radio button.
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and higher plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following these steps.
How to use the Metric Builder for TikTok Ads (Basic Report)
Some Metric Groups and Metrics might not have a Dimension option available.
Pro Tip: Add the word "by" in between the Metric and Dimension in order to determine an appropriate Custom Metric Name. From the Metric and Dimension examples outlined above, we could create the Custom Metrics "Total Cost by Campaign."
Pro Tip : If you don't know which Filters to put in place for your use case, use the Dimension + Data Preview to troubleshoot and get more insight into the data that is returned from your TikTok Ads Account for each field. Learn more here.
How to create a Custom TikTok Ads Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to report on Engagements tracked in the TikTok Ads Account from Paid Shares.
- Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics
- Click the green + New Custom Metric button
- Select the appropriate TikTok Ads Data Source
- Select the Basic Report radio button
- Next, select Engagements from the Metric Group drop-down list
- Select Paid Shares from the Metric drop-down list
- In order to accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric "Engagements: Paid Shares"
- Click Preview data to generate a Data Preview of the Custom Metric.
- Once we confirm that these are the results we're looking for, we'll click Save to save the Custom Metric.
How to add a Custom TikTok Ads Metric to a Databoard
Learn how to add a Custom Metric to a Databoard here.
- The Data Preview is limited to display a maximum of 20 Dimensions per Date Range for Dimensional Metrics. Dimensions will be sorted by descending value, therefore the 20 Dimensions with the highest total values will be displayed in the Data Preview for each Date Range.