- Access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for Snapchat Ads (Campaigns)
- Use the Metric Builder for Snapchat Ads (Campaigns)
- Create a Custom Snapchat Ads Campaigns Metric [Example]
- Add a Custom Snapchat Ads Campaigns Metric to a Databoard
- Additional Information
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for Snapchat Ads (Campaigns)
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics to access the Metric Builder. Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected Snapchat Ads Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Campaigns radio button.
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and higher plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following these steps.
How to use the Metric Builder for Snapchat Ads (Campaigns)
Pro Tip: Add the word "by" in between the Metric and Dimension in order to determine an appropriate Custom Metric Name. From the Metric and Dimension examples outlined above, we could create the Custom Metrics "Amount Spent by Age" "Total Purchase Value by Country" or "Completed Story View Percentage by Gender."
Pro Tip : If you don't know which Filters to put in place for your use case, use the Dimension + Data Preview to troubleshoot and get more insight into the data that is returned from your Snapchat Account for each field. Learn more here.
How to create a Custom Snapchat Ads Campaigns Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to report on Paid Reach for Campaigns tracked in the Snapchat Ads Account.
- Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics
- Click the green + New Custom Metric button
- Select the appropriate Snapchat Ads Data Source
- Select the Campaigns radio button
- Select Paid Reach from the Metric drop-down list
- Next, we must select None from the Dimension drop-down list
- We don't need to further Filter the data, so we will leave the Filter section blank
- In order to accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric "Paid Reach by Campaigns"
- Click Preview data to generate a Data Preview of the Custom Metric
- Once we confirm that these are the results we're looking for, we'll click Save to save the Custom Metric
How to add a Custom Snapchat Ads Campaigns Metric to a Databoard
Learn how to add a Custom Metric to a Databoard here.
- The Data Preview is limited to display a maximum of 20 Dimensions per Date Range for Dimensional Metrics. Dimensions will be sorted by descending value, therefore the 20 Dimensions with the highest total values will be displayed in the Data Preview for each Date Range.