- Access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for Snapchat Ads (Ads)
- Use the Metric Builder for Snapchat Ads (Ads)
- Create a Custom Snapchat Ads Ad Metric [Example]
- Add a Custom Snapchat Ads Ad Metric to a Databoard
- Additional Information
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for Snapchat Ads (Ads)
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics to access the Metric Builder. Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected Snapchat Ads Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Ads radio button.
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and higher plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following these steps.
How to use the Metric Builder for Snapchat Ads (Ads)
Pro Tip: Add the word "by" in between the Metric and Dimension in order to determine an appropriate Custom Metric Name. From the Metric and Dimension examples outlined above, we could create the Custom Metrics "Amount Spent by Lifestyle Category," "Purchase ROAS by Country," or Searches by Operating System."
Pro Tip: If you don't know which Filters to put in place for your use case, use the Dimension + Data Preview to troubleshoot and get more insight into the data that is returned from your Snapchat Account for each field. Learn more here.
How to create a Custom Snapchat Ads Ad Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to report on Snap Shares tracked in the Snapchat Ads Account, split up based on Age. We only want to view this data for the age group ''25-34''.
- Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics
- Click the green + New Custom Metric button
- Select the appropriate Snapchat Ads Data Source
- Select the Ads radio button
- Select Shap Shares from the Metric drop-down list
- Select Age from the Dimension drop-down list so that the Snap Shares values can be later filtered by a specific age group
- We don't need to narrow data by a Conversion Type, so we will leave this field blank
- Next, we want to further Filter the data by a specific age group, so we'll select Dimension from the Filter by drop-down list, Contains from the Operator drop-down list and 25-34 from the Choose value drop-down list
- In order to accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric "Snap Shares (Age: 25-34)"
- Click Preview data to generate a Data Preview of the Custom Metric
- Once we confirm that these are the results we're looking for, we'll click Save to save the Custom Metric
How to add a Custom Snapchat Ads Ad Metric to a Databoard
Learn how to add a Custom Metric to a Databoard here.
- The Data Preview is limited to display a maximum of 20 Dimensions per Date Range for Dimensional Metrics. Dimensions will be sorted by descending value, therefore the 20 Dimensions with the highest total values will be displayed in the Data Preview for each Date Range.