- Access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for Pipedrive CRM (Persons)
- Use the Metric Builder for Pipedrive CRM (Persons)
- Create a Custom Pipedrive CRM (Persons) Metric [Example]
- Add a Custom Pipedrive CRM (Persons) Metric to a Databoard
- Additional Information
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for Pipedrive CRM (Persons)
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics to access the Metric Builder for Pipedrive CRM. Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected Pipedrive CRM Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Persons radio button.
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and higher plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following these steps.
A) Data Source: This is the Pipedrive CRM Data Source that the Custom Metric is syncing data from.
Pro Tip: Pipedrive Filters are only accessible from within the object where they were created in the Pipedrive CRM Account. This means Filters created in the Organizations object will only be visible in the Metric Builder for Pipedrive CRM (Organizations), Filters created in the People object will only be visible in the Metric Builder for Pipedrive CRM (Persons), etc.
Pro Tip: If a Pipedrive Filter is set to Shared in the Pipedrive CRM Account, it will be available in Databox. If a Pipedrive Filter is set to Private in the Pipedrive CRM Account, it will only be visible in Databox if the user who created the private Pipedrive Filter is the same as the user who connected the Pipedrive CRM Account to Databox.
E) Filter by (Optional): Filters restrict the data that gets included in the Custom Metric. All data that is returned is tested against the Filter(s). Multiple Filters can be combined using AND boolean logic.
If the data synced from the Metric field meet the Filter specifications, the data is retained and included in the Custom Metric value. If the data synced from the Metric field doesn't meet the Filter specifications, the data is excluded from the Custom Metric value.
Pro Tip: If you don't know which Filters to put in place for your use case, use the Data Preview to troubleshoot and get more insight into the data that is returned from your Pipedrive CRM Account for each field. Learn more here.
H) Save: Save your Custom Metric.
How to create a Custom Pipedrive CRM (Persons) Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to report on Persons Email Messages Count.
- Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics
- Click the green + New Custom Metric button
- Select the appropriate Pipedrive CRM Data Source
- Select the Persons radio button
- The Value we want returned is the Email Messages Count, so we'll select Email Messages Count from the Metric drop-down list
- To accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric "Email Messages Count"
- Click Preview data to generate a Data Preview of the Custom Metric
- Once we confirm that these are the results we're looking for, we'll click Save to save the Custom Metric
How to add a Custom Pipedrive CRM (Persons) Metric to a Databoard
Learn how to add a Custom Metric to a Databoard here.
- Custom Metrics build by this Metric Builder are reporting on total current metric values.
- Only the following filter field types set within your Pipedrive CRM account are supported in the Metric Builder for Pipedrive CRM (Persons): ''Stage,'' ''Pipeline,'' ''Text,'' ''User,'' and ''Varchar.'' If any other field type is selected, the filter won't be displayed in the Pipedrive filter drop-down in the Metric Builder.
- The Data Preview is limited to display a maximum of 20 Dimensions per Date Range for Dimensional Metrics. Dimensions will be sorted by descending value, therefore the 20 Dimensions with the highest total values will be displayed in the Data Preview for each Date Range.