- Access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for Matomo (Standard Report)
- Use the Metric Builder for Matomo (Standard Report)
- Create a Custom Matomo Standard Report Metric [Example]
- Add a Custom Matomo Standard Report Metric to a Databoard
- Additional Information
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for Matomo (Standard Report)
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics. Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected Matomo Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Standard Report radio button
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and higher plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following these steps.
How to use the Metric Builder for Matomo (Standard Report)A) Data Source: This is the Matomo Standard Report Data Source that the Custom Metric is syncing data from.
How to create a Custom Matomo Standard Report Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to report on Visitors tracked in the Matomo Account, split up based on Browser. We only want to view this data for Chrome.
- Navigate to Metrics > Custom metrics
- Click the green + New Custom Metric button
- Select the appropriate Matomo Data Source
- Select the Standard Report radio button
- Select Visits from the Metric drop-down list
- Next, we want to further add Segments to subset the data by the browser, so we'll select Visitors from the Actions by drop-down list, Browser from the Name drop-down list, Contains from the Operator drop-down list, and Chrome from the Value drop-down list
- In order to accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric "Visits by Browser (Chrome)"
- Click Preview data to generate a Data Preview of the Custom Metric.
- Once we confirm that these are the results we're looking for, we'll click Save to save the Custom Metric.
How to add a Custom Matomo Standard Report Metric to a Databoard
Learn how to add a Custom Metric to a Databoard here.
- The Data Preview is limited to display a maximum of 20 Dimensions per Date Range for Dimensional Metrics. Dimensions will be sorted by descending value, therefore the 20 Dimensions with the highest total values will be displayed in the Data Preview for each Date Range.