- Access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Landing Pages)
- Use the Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Landing Pages)
- Create a Custom Landing Page Metric [Example]
- Add a Custom Landing Page Metric to a Databoard
- Additional Information
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Landing Pages)
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics to access the Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing. Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected HubSpot Marketing Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Landing Page button.
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and higher plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following these steps.
Pro Tip: Add the word "by" in between the Metric and Dimension in order to determine an appropriate Custom Metric Name. From the Metric and Dimension examples outlined above, we could create the Custom Metrics "Pageviews by Landing Page," "Avg Time on Page by Landing Page," or "CTA Clicks by Landing Page."
Pro Tip: If you don't know which Filters to put in place for your use case, use the Dimension + Data Preview to troubleshoot and get more insight into the data that is returned from your HubSpot Marketing Account for each field. Learn more here.
H) Save: Save your Custom Metric.
How to create a Custom Landing Page Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to return a list of CTA Views by Landing Pages that have "Red" in the title.
- Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics
- Click the green + New Custom Metrics button
- Select the appropriate HubSpot Marketing Data Source and the Landing Pages button
- We will select CTA Views from the Metric dropdown list, since we want to track the total amount of CTA Views per Landing Page
- Since we want to view the Landing Pages where the CTA Views were generated, we'll select Landing Page from the Dimension drop-down list.
- Lastly, we want to restrict the Custom Metric to only retain data for Landing Pages that contain Red in the title, so we'll add a Filter to the Custom Metric
First, click on the Advanced Options hyperlink to open the Filter section of the Metric Builder. Click on the Filter dropdown and select Dimension. Next, we'll set the Dimension as Landing Page , the Operator as Contains and enter Red in the Value textbox.
- In order to accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric CTA Views by Landing Page (Red)
- Click Preview data to generate a Data Preview of the Custom Metric
- Once we confirm that these are the results we're looking for, we'll click Save to save the Custom Metric
How to add a Custom Landing Page Metric to a Databoard
- Open the selected Databoard in the Databox Designer, or create a new Databoard.
- Drag and drop a blank Datablock onto the Databoard from the Visualization Library.
- Select the appropriate HubSpot Marketing Data Source from the righthand Datablock Settings panel. This must be the same HubSpot Marketing Account that was selected when creating the Custom Metric.
- Select the Custom tab at the top of the Metric drop-down list.
- Select the Custom Metric name to populate the Datablock.
- If there is no data returned for the specified Date Range(s), no data will be displayed in the Preview data.
- Data is only available for published Landing Pages.
- Daily data is not available for Custom Metrics created through this Metric Builder. Because of this, you will want to view your Custom Landing Page Metrics on a Visualization Type that does not necessitate granularity options. Line Charts and Bar Charts will not be good Visualization Types for this data, but Tables, Pie Charts, and Number Blocks will be.
- When using Filters to create Custom Metrics, data will only be returned for Landing Pages published within the last 36 months.
- "Average Time on Page" is defined as the average amount of time a visitor stays on a particular page. This is calculated by the following equation: Total Time on Page / Pageviews on Page.