- Access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Emails)
- Use the Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Emails)
- Create a Custom Email Metric [Example]
- Add a Custom Email Metric to a Databoard
- Additional Information
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Emails)
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics to access the Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing. Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected HubSpot Marketing Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Email button.
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and higher plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following these steps.
How to use the Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Emails)
Pro Tip: Add the word "by" in between the Metric and Dimension in order to determine an appropriate Custom Metric Name. From the Metric and Dimension examples outlined above, we could create the Custom Metrics "Sent Emails by Email Title," "Opened Emails by Email Title," or "Clicked Emails by Email Title."
H) Custom Metric Name: Enter a name for your Custom Metric. This Custom Metric Name will be available in the Designer after saving.
I) Save: Save your Custom Metric.
How to create a Custom Email Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to return a single value representing the number of Emails Sent that contain "Blog" in the Email Name.
- Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics
- Click the green + New Custom Metric button
- Select the appropriate HubSpot Marketing Data Source and the Emails button
- We will select Sent from the Metric dropdown list, since we want to track the total amount of Emails Sent
- Rather than selecting individual Emails in the Select Emails section, we will be setting a Filter in the Email Filters section
- Select Email Name as the Property, Contains as the Operator. We'll type blog into the Value textbox so all Emails that contain "blog" in the Email Name will be included in this Custom Metric.
- In order to accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric "Blog" Emails Sent
- Click Preview data to generate a Data Preview of the Custom Metric
- Once we confirm that these are the results we're looking for, we'll click Save to save the Custom Metric
How to add a Custom Blog Metric to a Databoard
- Open the selected Databoard in the Databox Designer, or create a new Databoard.
- Drag and drop a blank Datablock onto the Databoard from the Visualization Library.
- Select the appropriate HubSpot Marketing Data Source from the righthand Datablock Settings panel. This must be the same HubSpot Marketing Account that was selected when creating the Custom Metric.
- Select the Custom tab at the top of the Metric drop-down list.
- Select the Custom Metric name to populate the Datablock.
- Due to an API limitation, Custom Metrics built using this Metric Builder will only show the All Time (current total) data. This means that when a Custom Metric is created, no data will be returned for Date Ranges that don't include "Today." Data will continue to accumulate for this Custom Metric over time.
Date Ranges such as "Week to Date" and "This Month" include "Today." Date Ranges such as "Last 7 Days" and "Last 90 Days" do not. Learn more about the parameters for each Date Range here.
- If there is no data returned for the current day, no data will be displayed in the Preview data.
- Data is only available for Emails that have gone live.