- Access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Contacts)
- Use the Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Contacts)
- Create a Custom Contacts Metric [Example]
- Add a Custom Contacts Metric to a Databoard
- Additional Information
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Contacts)
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics to access the Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing. Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected HubSpot Marketing Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Contacts button.
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and higher plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following these steps.
How to use the Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Contacts)
Pro Tip: Add the word "by" in between the Metric and Dimension in order to determine an appropriate Custom Metric Name. From the Metric and Dimension examples outlined above, we could create the Custom Metrics "Became an Opportunity by Original Source," "Became a MQL by Owner," and "Became a Customer by HubSpot Team ID."
Pro Tip: If you don't know which Filters to put in place for your use case, use the Dimension + Data Preview to troubleshoot and get more insight into the data that is returned from your HubSpot Marketing Account for each field. Learn more here.
How to create a Custom Contacts Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to track Contacts who Became a Lead, split up based on the Original Source.
- Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics
- Click the green + New Custom Metric button
- Select the appropriate HubSpot Marketing Data Source and the Contacts button
- We will select Became a Lead from the Metric dropdown list, since we want to track the total amount of Contacts who entered the "Lead" Lifecycle Stage.
- Since we want to view the Original Source where the Lead was generated, we'll select Original Source from the Dimension drop-down list.
- In order to accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric Became a Lead by Original Source
- Click Preview data to generate a Data Preview of the Custom Metric
- Once we confirm that these are the results we're looking for, we'll click Save to save the Custom Metric
How to add a Custom Contacts Metric to a Databoard
- Open the selected Databoard in the Databox Designer, or create a new Databoard.
- Drag and drop a blank Datablock onto the Databoard from the Visualization Library.
- Select the appropriate HubSpot Marketing Data Source from the righthand Datablock Settings panel. This must be the same HubSpot Marketing Account that was selected when creating the Custom Metric.
- Select the Custom tab at the top of the Metric drop-down list.
- Select the Custom Metric name to populate the Datablock.
- If there is no data returned for the specified Date Range(s), no data will be displayed in the Preview data.
- Daily data is not available for Custom Metrics created through this Metric Builder. Because of this, you will want to view your Custom Contacts Metrics on a Visualization Type that does not necessitate granularity options. Line Charts and Bar Charts will not be good Visualization Types for this data, but Tables, Pie Charts, and Number Blocks will be.
- For Custom Metrics created by this Metric Builder up to 24 months of historical data can be synced with Databox.