With the Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Contact Properties), you can use Custom Contact Properties and a combination of metrics, dimensions, and filters to create Custom Metrics in Databox.
- Access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing
- Use Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing
- Create a Custom HubSpot Marketing Metric [Example]
- Add a Custom HubSpot Marketing Metric to a Databoard
- Additional Information
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Contact Properties)
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics to access the Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing. Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected HubSpot Marketing Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Contact Properties radio button.
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and higher plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following these steps.
How to use the Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Contact Properties)
Pro Tip: Add the word "by" in between the Metric and Dimension in order to determine an appropriate Custom Metric Name. From the Metric and Dimension examples outlined above, we could create the Custom Metric "Count of Contacts by HubSpot Team."
Pro Tip : If you don't know which Filters to put in place for your use case, use the Dimension + Data Preview to troubleshoot and get more insight into the data that is returned from your HubSpot Account for each field. Learn more here.
How to create a Custom HubSpot Marketing Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to report on the New Contacts by Contact Owner for mid-size Companies.
- Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics
- Click the green + New Custom Metric button
- Select the appropriate HubSpot Marketing Data Source
- We will select Count of contacts from the Metric dropdown list, since we want to track the number Contacts
- We want to view the associated Contact owner, therefore we'll select Contact owner from the Dimension dropdown list
- We're interested in tracking newe Contacts created, so Create Date will be our Date Field selection
- Lastly, we want to restrict the Custom Metric to only retain data for the mid-size companies, so we'll add a Filter to the Custom Metric.First, click on the Advanced Options hyperlink to open the Filter section of the Metric Builder. Click on the Filter by dropdown and select Company size. Next, click on the Operator dropdown, and select Greater than. Lastly, in the Value textbox, we'll enter the value = 100.
- To accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric ''# of Contacts by Contact Owner (mid-size companies)''
- Click Preview data to generate a Data Preview of the Custom Metric
- Once we confirm that these are the results we're looking for, we'll click Save to save the Custom Metric
How to add a Custom HubSpot Marketing Metric to a Databoard
Learn how to add a Custom Metric to a Databoard here.
- Which fields a Custom Contact Property is available in is dependent on the type of property that's set in HubSpot. Numerical properties (i.e., store values) can be used in the Metric field. Checkboxes, Yes/ No Answers, Dropdowns, or other String properties can be used in the Dimension field or in the Filter. Date properties can be used in the Date Field.
- Custom Contact Property type 'File Upload' is not supported in this Metric Builder.