With the Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM (Engagements), you can use Custom Company Properties and a combination of metrics, dimensions, and filters to create Custom Metrics in Databox.
- Access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM (Engagements)
- Use the Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM (Engagements)
- Create a Custom HubSpot CRM (Engagements) Metric [Example]
- Add a Custom HubSpot CRM (Engagements) Metric to a Databoard
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM (Engagements)
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics to access the Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM (Engagements). Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected HubSpot CRM Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Engagements radio button.
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and higher plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following these steps.
How to use the Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM (Engagements)
Pro Tip: Add the word "by" in between the Metric and Dimension in order to determine an appropriate Custom Metric Name. From the Metric and Dimension examples outlined above, we could create the Custom Metrics "Count of Meetings by Meeting Outcome," "Count of Calls by Caller Number," or "Count of Emails by Email Subject."
Pro Tip : If you don't know which Filters to put in place for your use case, use the Dimension + Data Preview to troubleshoot and get more insight into the data that is returned from your HubSpot Account for each field. Learn more here.
Some common Filters include filtering data by ''Record ID'' or ''Created by user ID.''
How to create a Custom HubSpot CRM (Engagements) Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to report on Count of Calls by the Call outcome as Initial Engagement.
- Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics
- Click the green + New Custom Metric button
- Select the appropriate HubSpot CRM Data Source
- Select the Engagement radio button.
- We will select Calls from the Engagement type drop-down list
- We will select Count of Calls from the Metric dropdown list, since we want to track the number of calls.
- We want to view the associated Call outcome, therefore we'll select Call outcome from the Dimension dropdown list
- We're interested in tracking the calls made status, so Create Date will be our Date Field selection
- Lastly, we want to restrict the Custom Metric to only retain data based on Call outcome as Initial Engagement, so we'll add a Filter to the Custom Metric
First, click on the Advanced Options hyperlink to open the Filter section of the Metric Builder. Click on the Filter by dropdown and select Call Outcome. Next, click on the Operator dropdown, and select Contains. Lastly, in the Value text box, enter Initial Engagement.
- In order to accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric "Count of Calls by Call outcome (Initial Engagement)"
- Click Preview data to generate a Data Preview of the Custom Metric.
- Once we confirm that these are the results we're looking for, we'll click Save to save the Custom Metric.
How to add a Custom HubSpot CRM (Engagements) Metric to a Databoard
- Open the selected Databoard in the Databox Designer, or create a new Databoard.
- Drag and drop a blank Datablock onto the Databoard from the Visualization Library.
- Click on the Datablock on the Databoard to open the corresponding Data block Editor on the right-hand side of the Designer.
- In the Metrics drop-down, click Data Source to select the appropriate HubSpot CRM Data Source. This must be the same HubSpot CRM Account that was selected when creating the Custom Metric. This will filter out metrics from the specific Data Source.
- In the Metric Type drop-down, select Custom to filter out all Custom Metric from this specific Data Source.
- In the main Metrics drop-down, select the metric you'd like to display on the Datablock, using the Search bar if needed. This will update the Datablock, and it will populate with the corresponding data.