With the Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM (Deals), you can create Custom HubSpot CRM (Deals) Metrics using a combination of Metrics, Dimensions, and Filters. Some popular use cases for the Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM (Deals) include tracking individual Sales Rep performance and filtering by custom Deal Properties.
- Access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM (Deals)
- Use the Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM (Deals)
- Create a Custom HubSpot CRM (Deals) Metric [Example]
- Add a Custom HubSpot CRM (Deals) Metric to a Databoard
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM (Deals)
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics to access the Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM (Deals). Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected HubSpot CRM Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Deals radio button.
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and higher plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following these steps.
How to use the Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM (Deals)
Pro Tip: Add the word "by" in between the Metric and Dimension in order to determine an appropriate Custom Metric Name. From the Metric and Dimension examples outlined above, we could create the Custom Metrics "Count of Deals by Deal Stage," "Amount by Pipeline," or "Number of Sales Activities by Deal Name."
Pro Tip : In order to combine AND and OR Filters, use the Any of Operator and enter multiple Strings in the Value field.
Pro Tip: If you don't know which Filters to put in place for your use case, use the Dimension + Data Preview to troubleshoot and get more insight into the data that is returned from your HubSpot CRM Account for each field. Learn more here.
How to create a Custom HubSpot CRM (Deals) Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to report on a list of the Closed Won Deal Names and Amounts from our Sales Pipeline.
- Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics
- Click the green + New Custom Metric button
- Select the appropriate HubSpot CRM Data Source
- We will select Amount from the Metric dropdown list, since we want to track the total amount of Closed Won revenue
- Since we want to view the associated Deal Names, we'll select Deal Name from the Dimension dropdown list
- We're interested in tracking Closed Won Deals, so Close Date will be our Date Field selection
- Lastly, we want to restrict the Custom Metric to only retain data for the Sales Pipeline so we'll add a Filter to the Custom Metric
First, click on the Advanced Options hyperlink to open the Filter section of the Metric Builder. Click on the filter by dropdown and select Pipeline. Next, click on the Operator dropdown, and select Equals. Lastly, in the Value textbox enter the exact Pipeline name
If you are unsure of the exact Pipeline name, change the Operator to Contains. This will make it so any HubSpot CRM Pipeline that contains the String "Sales" will be included in the Custom Metric results
- In order to accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric ''Closed Won Deal Amt by Deal Name (Sales Pipeline)''
- Click Preview data to generate a Data Preview of the Custom Metric
- Once we confirm that these are the results we're looking for, we'll click Save to save the Custom Metric
How to add a Custom HubSpot CRM (Deals) Metric to a Databoard
- Open the selected Databoard in the Databox Designer, or create a new Databoard.
- Drag and drop a blank Datablock onto the Databoard from the Visualization Library.
- Select the appropriate HubSpot CRM Data Source in the righthand Property Manager. This must be the same HubSpot CRM Account that was selected when creating the Custom Metric.
- Select the Custom tab at the top of the Metric drop-down list.
- Select the Custom Metric name to populate the Datablock.