- Access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for Freshdesk (Tickets)
- Use the Metric Builder for Freshdesk (Tickets)
- Create a Custom Freshdesk (Tickets) Metric [Example]
- Add a Custom Freshdesk (Tickets) Metric to a Databoard
- Additional Information
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for Freshdesk (Tickets)
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics to access the Metric Builder. Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected Freshdesk Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Tickets radio button.
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and higher plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following these steps.
How to use the Metric Builder for Freshdesk (Tickets)
Pro Tip: Among predefined Dimensions, you are also able to choose Custom Fields set within your Freshdesk account
Pro Tip: Add the word "by" in between the Metric and Dimension in order to determine an appropriate Custom Metric Name. From the Metric and Dimension examples outlined above, we could create the Custom Metrics "Open Tickets by Priority," "Resolved Tickets by Tag," or "On Hold Tickets by Severity."
Pro Tip: If you don't know which Filters to put in place for your use case, use the Dimension + Data Preview to troubleshoot and get more insight into the data that is returned from your Freshdesk Account for each field. Learn more here.
How to create a Custom Freshdesk (Tickets) Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to report on Overdue Tickets tracked in the Freshdesk Account, split up based on Urgency.
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics
Click the green + New Custom Metric button
Select the appropriate Freshdesk Data Source
Select the Tickets radio button
Select Overdue Tickets from the Metric drop-down list
Next, we'll select Urgency from the Dimension drop-down list so that the Tickets values returned are split up based on Urgency.
We don't need to further filter the data, so we will leave the Filter section blank as well.
To accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric "Overdue Tickets by Urgency."
Click Preview data to generate a Data Preview of the Custom Metric.
Once we confirm that these are the results we're looking for, we'll click Save to save the Custom Metric.
How to add a Custom Freshdesk (Tickets) Metric to a Databoard
Learn how to add a Custom Metric to a Databoard here.
- Due to an API limitation, the maximum number of tickets for which data can be retrieved with Dimensional Metrics is limited to 5,000.
- The Data Preview is limited to display a maximum of 20 Dimensions per Date Range for Dimensional Metrics. Dimensions will be sorted by descending value; therefore, the 20 Dimensions with the highest total values will be displayed in the Data Preview for each Date Range.