With the Metric Builder for CallRail (Calls), you can create Custom CallRail Metrics using a combination of Metrics, Dimensions, and Filters.
Some popular use cases for the Metric Builder for CallRail (Calls) include tracking individual Client/ Company performance and filtering by specific parameters.
- Access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for CallRail (Calls)
- Use the Metric Builder for CallRail (Calls)
- Create a Custom CallRail Metric [Example]
- Add a Custom CallRail Metric to a Databoard
- Additional Information
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for CallRail (Calls)
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics. Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected CallRail Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Call radio button to access the Metric Builder for CallRail (Calls).
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and higher plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following these steps.
How to use the Metric Builder for CallRail (Calls)
Pro Tip: Add the word "by" in between the Metric and Dimension in order to determine an appropriate Custom Metric Name. From the Metric and Dimension examples outlined above, we could create the Custom Metrics "First Time Callers by Company," "Leads by Source," or "Total Calls by Campaign."
How to create a Custom CallRail Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to report on Total Calls split up based on Company.
- Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics
- Click the green + New Custom Metric button
- Select the appropriate CallRail Data Source
- Select the Calls radio button
- We will select Total Calls from the Metric dropdown list
- Since we want to view the associated Companies that tracked the calls, we'll select Company from the Dimension dropdown list
- We don't need to further restrict this data, so we'll leave the Filter section blank
- In order to accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric Total Calls by Company
- Click Preview data to generate a Data Preview of the Custom Metric
- Once we confirm that these are the results we're looking for, we'll click Save to save the Custom Metric
How to add a Custom CallRail Metric to a Databoard
Learn how to add a Custom Metric to a Databoard here.