- Access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for Adobe Analytics
- Use the Metric Builder for Adobe Analytics
- Create a Custom Adobe Analytics Metric [Example]
- Add a Custom Adobe Analytics Metric to a Databoard
- Additional Information
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for Adobe Analytics
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics to access the Metric Builder. Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected Adobe Analytics Account from the Data Source drop-down list.
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and higher plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following these steps.
How to use the Metric Builder for Adobe Analytics
How to create a Custom Adobe Analytics Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to report on Visitors to our Category Pages tracked in the Adobe Analytics Account. Within Adobe Analytics, a Segment has been set up to specify "Category Pages."
- Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics
- Click the green + New Custom Metric button
- Select the appropriate Adobe Analytics Data Source
- In order to accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric "Visitors to Category Pages"
- Next, we'll select Category Pages from the Segment drop-down list
- We don't want to add an Element Filter, so we'll leave this blank
- Select Visitors from the Metric drop-down list
- From the Date Range drop-down list we'll select any Date Ranges that we want available for this Custom Metric.
- In order to get a better understanding of current performance, we'll choose Previous Period from the Compare With drop-down list.
- We want to view daily data, so we will not check the first checkbox.
- We haven't selected "Today" or "Yesterday" as Date Range options for the Custom Metric, so we will not check the second checkbox.
- "Visitors" is not an average, so we will not check the third checkbox.
- Click Preview data to generate a Data Preview of the Custom Metric.
- Once we confirm that these are the results we're looking for, we'll click Save to save the Custom Metric.
How to add a Custom Adobe Analytics Metric to a Databoard
Learn how to add a Custom Metric to a Databoard here.