- Connect ProfitWell to Databox
- Access pre-built ProfitWell Templates
- Build a ProfitWell Databoard
- Additional Information
How to connect ProfitWell to Databox
IN THIS SECTION
- How to connect ProfitWell to Databox
- How much historical data is synced when you first connect ProfitWell to Databox?
- What time zone does ProfitWell data sync in?
- Which ProfitWell integrations are supported in Databox?
How to connect ProfitWell to Databox
To connect a ProfitWell Account in Databox, go to Data Sources > + New connection. Type ProfitWell in the search bar and click on the green Connect button.
This will open the Authorization window, which is where you will be prompted to enter a name for the ProfitWell connection and the API Token for your ProfitWell Account. The API Token can be found in ProfitWell by navigating to Account Settings > Integration > ProfitWell API > Connect to the ProfitWell API.
How much historical data is synced when you first connect ProfitWell to Databox?
When you connect a new ProfitWell Data Source in Databox, 2 months worth of historical data is initially synced.
Certain Metrics may have more or less historical data available. For more information about the amount of historical data available for a specific Metric, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com.
ProfitWell integrates with apps like Stripe, Chargebee, etc. The amount of historical data available from these integrations is limited by the service.
Pro Tip: Once your ProfitWell Data Source is connected and actively syncing data, we store the data that's collected in our own database. This allows us to accumulate more data over time as more data syncs are made so that you can report on more historical ProfitWell data in your Databox reports. Learn more here.
What time zone does ProfitWell data sync in?
ProfitWell data is synced in the time zone set in the ProfitWell Account. For example, if your ProfitWell Account time zone is set as EST, your ProfitWell data will sync with Databox in EST.
Which ProfitWell integrations are supported in Databox?
Data from these integrations are accessible from ProfitWell's API:
The amount of historical data available from these integrations is limited by the service.
How to access pre-built ProfitWell Templates
- Navigate to Databoards > Public Templates
- In the Data Source drop-down list, select ProfitWell
- To view a preview of the Template populated with dummy data, click Preview
- To pull the Template into your Account and re-populate it with your own ProfitWell data, click Use Template
- Select the appropriate ProfitWell Data Source from the drop-down list to complete the process. The Databoard will be re-populated with data from the selected ProfitWell Account and can be found on the Databoards page
Pro Tip: Once the Databoard is available on the Databoards page, it is completely disconnected from the public Template. Therefore, you can further customize this Databoard to meet your specific needs using the Designer.
Popular ProfitWell Templates
ProfitWell (Revenue Trends)
ProfitWell (Churn Overview)
This dashboard allows you to track key SaaS Metrics for your company in real-time.
This Template helps you to track the top sources of churn for your SaaS business.
How to build a ProfitWell Databoard
- Navigate to Databoards > + New Databoard > Start Blank
- Click on the Metric Library icon on the left-hand side of the Designer
- Select ProfitWell from the Data Source drop-down list in the Metric Library
- View the list of pre-built ProfitWell Datablocks. Drag and drop your selected Datablock onto your Databoard
- If a pre-built Datablock isn't available for your use case, click on the Visualization types icon under the Metric Library icon
- View the list of Visualizations available in Databox. Drag and drop your selected Visualization onto your Databoard
- Click on the Datablock on the Databoard to open the corresponding Datablock Editor on the right-hand side of the Designer
- Select the appropriate ProfitWell Data Source and Metric in the right-hand Datablock Editor. This will update the Datablock, and will populate the Datablock with the appropriate data
- Complete steps 4-8 until your Databoard is complete
Popular ProfitWell Metrics
|Recurring Revenue||New Customers||Upgraded Recurring Revenue|
|Downgraded Recurring Revenue||Active Customers||Churned Recurring Revenue|
View a full list of ProfitWell Metrics available in Databox here.
IN THIS SECTION
- We can only pull in keywords that rank in the Top 500. Keywords that are not ranked in this range won't be displayed in Databox.
- Due to API limitations, weekly granularity is not supported. This may affect visualization options for Charts in Databox.
- ProfitWell's API only returns daily and monthly granularities (for certain metrics only daily or monthly).
- The summed up daily values returned from the API might not match with the monthly value. For example, if you select the Month to date interval, you might see a discrepancy between the summed daily values on Bar/Line Charts and the total number for the interval.
- Due to API limitations, when you choose a Metric and select a Date Range like "This Month" the value will be plotted on the graph for the entire month. This means that if you look at the Metric on the 9th of February and the value is 30, it will display 30 for all remaining days in the month (February 9-28). This will result in a straight line on your chart until the end of the month. Each day, as new data is synced, the chart will be updated with the daily value.