How to connect MOZ to Databox
IN THIS SECTION
- How to connect MOZ to Databox
- Which MOZ plans have API access?
- How to update Access ID, Secret Key, Website URL, and Competitor Sites
- How much historical data is synced when you first connect MOZ to Databox?
- What time zone does MOZ data sync in?
- How often does MOZ data sync?
How to connect MOZ to Databox
To connect a MOZ Account in Databox, go to Data Sources > + New connection. Type MOZ in the search bar and click on the green Connect button.
This will open the Activation window, which is where you will be prompted to enter your MOZ Access ID, Secret Key, Website URL, and Competitor URLs. Competitor data will only be available for the URLs entered.
You can find your MOZ Access ID and Secret Key in MOZ by navigating to Other Tools > Mozscape API > Get Started > Manage Mozscape API Key.
Which MOZ plans have API access?
MOZ has two subscription types available: one is for the MOZ product, and the other is for API access. In order to access all Metrics from MOZ, a paid MOZ product plan + a paid API plan is necessary.
Certain MOZ Metrics are only available on specific API plans. If you do not have the appropriate API access level, no data will be returned for the Metric.
For users on a paid MOZ product plan, only the Free API is accessible.
For example, MOZ users with a paid product plan only have access to the Free API. From the Free API, Root Domain, Subdomain, and External Inbound Links data is not available.
Learn more about the data that is accessible via MOZ's Free API here.
How to update Access ID, Secret Key, Website URL, and Competitor Sites
To update Competitor Sites, navigate to the Data Manager and find your MOZ Data Source, using the Search bar if necessary. Click on the drop-down error next to the Details button and select Edit.
This will open the Activation Window, where you can update the Access ID, Secret Key, Website URL, and Competitor Sites.
How much historical data is synced when you first connect MOZ to Databox?
When you connect a new MOZ Data Source in Databox, no historical is initially synced.
Pro Tip: Once your MOZ Data Source is connected and actively syncing data, we store the data that's collected in our own database. This allows us to accumulate more data over time as more data syncs are made so that you can report on more historical MOZ data in your Databox reports. Learn more here.
What time zone does MOZ data sync in?
MOZ data is synced in UTC.
How often does MOZ data sync?
All MOZ Data Sources will sync once a day with Databox. Learn more here.
How to access pre-built MOZ Templates
- Navigate to Databoards > Public Templates
- In the Data Source drop-down list, select MOZ
- To view a preview of the Template populated with dummy data, click Preview
- To pull the Template into your Account and re-populate it with your own MOZ data, click Use Template
- Select the appropriate MOZ Data Source from the drop-down list to complete the process. The Databoard will be re-populated with data from the selected MOZ Account and can be found on the Databoards page
Pro Tip: Once the Databoard is available on the Databoards page, it is completely disconnected from the public Template. Therefore, you can further customize this Databoard to meet your specific needs using the Designer.
Popular MOZ Templates
How to build a Databoard using MOZ data
IN THIS SECTION
Popular MOZ Metrics
|Domain Authority||URL MozRank||Total External Inbound Links|
View a full list of MOZ Metrics available in Databox here.
How to build a Databoard
- Navigate to Databoards > + New Databoard > Start Blank
Click on the Metric Library icon on the left-hand side of the Designer
Select the appropriate MOZ Account from the Data Source drop-down list in the Metric Library
View the list of pre-built MOZ Datablocks in the Metric Library. Drag and drop your selected Datablock onto your Databoard
- If a pre-built Datablock isn't available for your use case, click on the Visualization Types icon under the Metric Library icon
- View the list of Visualizations available in Databox. Drag and drop your selected Visualization onto your Databoard
Click on the Datablock on the Databoard to open the corresponding Datablock Editor on the right-hand side of the Designer
- Select the appropriate MOZ Data Source and Metric in the right-hand Datablock Editor. This will update the Datablock, and it will populate the Datablock with the corresponding data
- Complete steps 4-8 until your Databoard is complete