- Connect HubSpot CRM to Databox
- Access pre-built HubSpot CRM Templates
- Build a Databoard using HubSpot CRM data
- Use the Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM
- Additional Information
How to connect HubSpot CRM to Databox
IN THIS SECTION
- How to connect HubSpot CRM to Databox
- What HubSpot CRM permissions do you need to connect to Databox?
- What HubSpot plan do you need to connect HubSpot CRM with Databox
- What’s the maximum amount of historical data initially available when you use a new HubSpot CRM Metric in Databox?
- What time zone does HubSpot CRM data sync in?
How to connect HubSpot CRM to Databox
To connect a HubSpot CRM Account in Databox, go to Data Manager > + New connection. Type HubSpot CRM in the search bar and click on the green Connect button.
This will open the Authorization window, where you will be prompted to enter your HubSpot login credentials and authorize the Databox app.
What HubSpot CRM permissions do you need to connect to Databox?
To connect a HubSpot CRM account in Databox, you will need Sales Access enabled. Learn more here.
What HubSpot plan do you need to connect HubSpot CRM with Databox?
All HubSpot Accounts can be connected with Databox, regardless of the HubSpot plan.
However, Contact Metrics (e.g. ''Contacts (Marketing),'' ''Total Contacts (Marketing)'') are not synced with HubSpot Free Accounts due to API limitations. The following error will be returned:
''Insufficient scopes: We can't get data for this specific metric because of missing scopes and/or permissions. Required is one of "cms-analytics-api-access" or "traffic-analytics-api-access". Please reconnect your data source with HubSpot account that has required permissions''.
What's the maximum amount of historical data initially available when you use a new HubSpot CRM Data Source Metric in Databox?
Data is synced for the Metrics that are being used in your Account, so when you first use a new HubSpot CRM Metric, the maximum amount of historical data available is 36 months.
Certain Metrics may have more or less historical data available based on the API restrictions.
For more information about the amount of historical data available for a specific Metric, learn more here.
Pro Tip: In order to start syncing data for a Metric, you can add it to your Metrics screen, use it in a Scorecard, set a Goal around it, create an Alert for it, or add it to a Databoard. Learn more here.
The amount of historical data you're able to access in Databox is dependent on your Databox plan. Learn more here.
What time zone does HubSpot CRM data sync in?
HubSpot CRM data is synced in the time zone set in the HubSpot Account. For example, if your HubSpot Account time zone is set as EST, your HubSpot data will sync with Databox in EST.
How to access pre-built HubSpot CRM Templates
- Navigate to Databoards > Public Templates
- In the Data Source drop-down list, select HubSpot CRM
- To view a preview of the Template populated with dummy data, click Preview
- To pull the Template into your Account and re-populate it with your own HubSpot CRM data, click Use Template
- Select the appropriate HubSpot CRM Data Source from the drop-down list to complete the process. The Databoard will be re-populated with data from the selected HubSpot CRM Account and can be found on the Databoards page
Pro Tip: Once the Databoard is available on the Databoards page, it is completely disconnected from the public Template. Therefore, you can further customize this Databoard to meet your specific needs using the Designer.
Popular HubSpot CRM Templates
How to build a Databoard using HubSpot CRM data
IN THIS SECTION
Popular Use Cases
Learn more about popular HubSpot CRM use cases here.
Popular HubSpot CRM Metrics
|Deals Closed Won||Sales||Closed Deals Leaderboard|
|Deals Overview||New Deals Created Amount||Sales Pipeline|
View a full list of HubSpot CRM Metrics available in Databox here.
How to build a Databoard
- Navigate to Databoards > + New Databoard > Start Blank
- Click on the Metric Library icon on the lefthand side of the Designer.
- Select the appropriate HubSpot CRM Account from the Data Source drop-down list in the Metric Library.
- View the list of pre-built HubSpot CRM Datablocks in the Metric Library. Drag and drop your selected Datablock onto your Databoard.
- If a pre-built Datablock isn't available for your use case, click on the Visualization Types icon under the Metric Library icon.
- View the list of Visualizations available in Databox. Drag and drop your selected Visualization onto your Databoard.
- Click on the Datablock on the Databoard to open the corresponding Datablock Settings on the righthand side of the Designer.
- Select the appropriate HubSpot CRM Data Source and Metric in the righthand Property Manager. This will update the Datablock and it will populate the Datablock with the corresponding data.
- Complete steps 4-8 until your Databoard is complete.
How to use the Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM
With the Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM, you can create Custom HubSpot CRM Metrics using a combination of Metrics, Dimensions, and Filters. Some popular use cases for the Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM include tracking individual Sales Rep performance and filtering by custom Deal Properties.
Learn more about the Metric Builder for HubSpot CRM here.
IN THIS SECTION
- Due to technical limitations, the Date Range ''All Time'' will return a maximum 36 months of historical data. However, Metrics that represents total values (i.e. ''Total Contacts (Marketing)'', ''Total Revenue by Company'') will always show current total value when ''All Time'' Date Range is selected.
- All currency Metrics (e.g., "Deals Closed Won Amount," "New Deals Created Amount," etc.) are synced without the corresponding unit (currency). The unit must be set in Databox. Learn more here.
- Due to API limitations, hourly granularity is not supported. This may affect visualization options for Charts in Databox.
For example, if a HubSpot CRM Metric is used on a Line or Bar Chart with ''Yesterday'' Date Range selected, hourly data won't be displayed on the Chart. However, the big number above the Chart will accurately reflect the Metric value for the selected Date Range.
Learn more about Granularity here.
- Metrics in HubSpot accounts are reporting on data from Sunday to Saturday. There is no option to change the first day of the week within their UI. Read more here.
In Databox, the first day of the week is set to Sunday by default. However, you are able to change it to Monday or Saturday. Learn more here.
When validating weekly data in HubSpot vs Databox (e.g. looking at ''Week to Date'', ''This Week'' or "Last Week'' Date Ranges), it's important to compare data for the same time period (e.g. from Sunday to Saturday).