- Connect Freshdesk to Databox
- Access pre-built Freshdesk Templates
- Build a Databoard using Freshdesk data
- Use the Metric Builder for Freshdesk
How to connect Freshdesk to Databox
IN THIS SECTION
- What's the maximum amount of historical data initially available when you use a new Freshdesk Metric in Databox?
- What time zone does Freshdesk data sync in?
How to connect Freshdesk to Databox
To connect a Freshdesk Account in Databox, go to Data Manager > + New connection. Type Freshdesk in the search bar and click on the green Connect button.
This opens the Authorization window, which is where you will be prompted to enter your Freshdesk Domain and API Key.
Enter the unique part of your Freshdesk domain in the Domain field. This must exactly match the domain from your Freshdesk URL.
Pro Tip: Users with a free Freshdesk account will have the following URL structure: '' domain.freshdesk.com'' (e.g. yourcompany.freshdesk.com). Users with a paid Freshdesk account will have the following URL structure: '' support. domain.com'' (e.g. support.yourcomapny.com). Learn more about Freshdesk domains here.
Next, to find your API Key in Freshdesk, follow the steps below:
- Login to your Freshdesk Account
- Navigate to the Profile icon and select Profile Settings
- In the right top corner, copy the API Key from Your API Key field
Once you enter Domain and API Key in Databox, click Activate.
What's the maximum amount of historical data initially available when you use a new Freshdesk Data Source Metric in Databox?
Data is synced for the Metrics that are being used in your Account, so when you first use a new Freshdesk Metric, the maximum amount of historical data available is 36 months.
Certain Metrics may have more or less historical data available. For example, metrics that represent the total metric value (i.e. Open Tickets, Companies, etc.) do not have historical data available when first used. We only pull in the total current value, but we will accumulate historical data for these Metrics in Databox over time and the metric value will be shown cumulatively.
For more information about the amount of historical data available for a specific Metric, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com.
Pro Tip: In order to start syncing data for a Metric, you can add it to your Metrics screen, use it in a Scorecard, set a Goal around it, create an Alert for it, or add it to a Databoard. Learn more here.
The amount of historical data you're able to access in Databox is dependent on your Databox plan. Learn more here.
What time zone does Freshdesk data sync in?
Freshdesk data is synced in UTC.
How to access pre-built Freshdesk Templates
- Navigate to Databoards > Public Templates
- In the Data Source drop-down list, select Freshdesk
- To view a preview of the Template populated with dummy data, click Preview
- To pull the Template into your Account and re-populate it with your own Freshdesk data, click Use Template
- Select the appropriate Freshdesk Data Source from the drop-down list to complete the process. The Databoard will be re-populated with data from the selected Freshdesk Account and can be found on the Databoards page
Pro Tip: Once the Databoard is available on the Databoards page, it is completely disconnected from the public Template. Therefore, you can further customize this Databoard to meet your specific needs using the Designer.
Popular Freshdesk Templates
|Freshdesk Tickets Overview|
This template provides you an overview of ticket stats, such as created tickets, resolved tickets, hours tracked, billable hours, and more.
How to build a Databoard using Freshdesk data
IN THIS SECTION
Popular Freshdesk Metrics
Freshdesk Created Tickets
Freshdesk Resolved Tickets
Freshdesk Hours Tracked
View a full list of Freshdesk Metrics available in Databox here.
How to build a Databoard
- Navigate to Databoards > + New Databoard > Start Blank
- Click on the Metric Library icon on the lefthand side of the Designer.
- Select the appropriate Freshdesk Account from the Data Source drop-down list in the Metric Library.
- View the list of pre-built Freshdesk Datablocks in the Metric Library. Drag and drop your selected Datablock onto your Databoard.
- If a pre-built Datablock isn't available for your use case, click on the Visualization Types icon under the Metric Library icon.
- View the list of Visualizations available in Databox. Drag and drop your selected Visualization onto your Databoard.
- Click on the Datablock on the Databoard to open the corresponding Datablock Settings on the righthand side of the Designer.
- Select the appropriate Freshdesk Data Source and Metric in the righthand Datablock Settings. This will update the Datablock, and it will populate the Datablock with the corresponding data.
- Complete steps 4-8 until your Databoard is complete
How to use the Metric Builder for Freshdesk
With the Metric Builder for Freshdesk, you can create Custom Freshdesk Metrics using a combination of Metrics, Dimensions, and Filters. Some popular use cases for the Metric Builder for Freshdesk include tracking Open Tickets, Hours Tracked by Ticket, and further filtering data by Custom Fields from Freshdesk account.
Learn more about the Metric Builder for Freshdesk here.