Guide: Sending Databox data to Slack
For an overview of using Databox with Slack and a look at certain features, check the following videos.
''Automate delivery of Alerts and Scorecards in Slack:''
''Automate Snapshots of your Databoards in Slack:''
How to connect Databox to Slack
How to send Alerts, Scorecards and Scheduled Snapshots to Slack
You can set Alerts, Scorecards, and Scheduled Snapshots to be automatically delivered to a specific Slack channel, or as a direct Databox app message.
HOW TO SEND NOTIFICATIONS
How to automatically deliver Alerts, Scorecards and Scheduled Snapshots to a public channel
How to automatically deliver Alerts, Scorecards and Scheduled Snapshots to a private channel
How to automatically deliver Alerts, Scorecards and Scheduled Snapshots as a direct message
Additional Information on sending Alerts, Scorecards, and Scheduled Snapshots to Slack
- If you haven't selected a Slack channel, the Alert, Scorecard or Scheduled Snapshot will be delivered as a direct message to you.
- Alerts, Scorecards, and Scheduled Snapshots will be automatically seen by all users in the selected Slack channel.
- In public channels, Databox's name will appear as the sender of the Notification.
- In private channels, if Databox has not been invited to the channel (by sending ''/invite @databox''), the user's name that has set up the notification will appear as a sender of the Notification.
- Slack channels that do not have any members added will not get listed in the Select Slack channels from workspace ''X'' pop-up window.
- Slack channels that have been archived will not get listed in the Select Slack channels from workspace ''X'' pop-up window.
- Scheduled Snapshots sent to Slack are always delivered as JPGs, regardless of the File Format selected.
View and edit Slack notifications
You can review the list of all Alerts, Scorecards, and Scheduled Snapshots that have been scheduled to be sent to Slack or set up new notifications on the Slack Landing Page in Databox.
Navigate to the Notifications icon > Slack Landing Page.
How to update the Slack Workspace connected to Databox
You'll receive a welcome message from the Databox bot in the connected Slack Workspace
Pro Tip: If you updated Slack Workspace you'll need to update Slack channels notifications (Alerts, Scorecrads, Scheduled Snapshots) delivery. To do this, n avigate to the Notifications icon > Slack Landing Page and update Slack channels for the corresponding notifications.
If you don't update Slack channel(s) the notification(s) will be deilvered as direct message(s) to you.
How to disconnect Databox from Slack
Pro Tip: From within Slack, you can get here by clicking on the gear icon and navigating to Add An App > View App Directory.
How to use Slack for Client Accounts
Only Agency Accounts have access to Client Accounts. Learn more about how to become a Databox Agency Partner
In Slack, you can monitor data for different Clients. Scheduled Snapshots, Scorecards, and Alerts can be automatically sent to the corresponding Slack channels. Learn more about this here.
In order for this to work, a Slack user that is also added as a user in the respective Databox Account can connect the Databox account with the agency Slack workspace. One Slack user can establish only 1 connection between the Databox account and Slack workspace.
How to join the Databox Partner Slack workspace
Agency Partners are invited to join our Databox Partner Slack workspace. Learn how to join here.