Overview: Query Builder for Facebook Ads (Pixels)
How to access the Query Builder for Facebook Ads (Pixels)
Navigate to Metrics > Query Builder to access the Query Builder for Facebook Ads. Click the green + Create Custom Metric button and select your connected Facebook Ads Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Pixel radio button.
Query Builder is available on the Professional and Performer plans. Request a trial of Query Builder by following
How to use the Query Builder for Facebook Ads (Pixels)
Save: Save your Custom Metric.
How to create a Custom Pixel Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to report on Custom Conversions tracked by our Thank You Page.
In order to accurately explain what this Custom Metric is reporting on, we'll name the Custom Metric "Custom Conversions: Thank You Page"
How to add a Custom Pixel Metric to a Databoard
- Due to an API limitation Custom Metrics built using the Query Builder for Facebook Ads (Pixels) will have 28 days of historical data available once the metric is being used in your account.
- Due to technical limitations, it is not currently possible to filter Custom Conversions by Ad, Campaign, or other Dimensions using the Query Builder for Facebook Ads (Pixels).
- Due to how Facebook stores Custom Conversion data in their API, data may not be immediately available for the days closest to the current date in Databox. For example, if you're looking at data for the month to date, week to date, today, yesterday, and possibly the day prior may have incomplete data available.
This is the expected behavior of this integration. Please ensure those reviewing your dashboards using Facebook Ads Pixel data are aware that data delays may happen with current dates and this API is not "real-time".
- Learn how to verify Custom Conversion data in Databox vs Facebook Ads here.
- Custom Conversions have to be set on the Ad Account level in order to sync them in Databox. Otherwise, there may be Custom Conversions that are not visible in the Query Builder in Databox. This means that you will need the Ad Account ID set. If you don’t have the Ad Account ID, and you only have the Business ID, this means that Custom Conversions are connected to the Business Manager and not to the specific Ad Account and are therefore not available due to Facebook Ads API limitations.