Overview: Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Landing Pages)
How to access Custom Metrics and Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Landing Pages)
Navigate to Metrics > Custom Metrics to access the Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing. Click the green + New Custom Metric button and select your connected HubSpot Marketing Account from the Data Source drop-down list. Select the Landing Page button.
Metric Builder is available on the Professional and Performer plans. Request a trial of Metric Builder by following
How to use the Metric Builder for HubSpot Marketing (Landing Pages)
Pro Tip: Add the word "by" in between the Metric and Dimension in order to determine an appropriate Custom Metric Name. From the Metric and Dimension examples outlined above, we could create the Custom Metrics "Pageviews by Landing Page," "Avg Time on Page by Landing Page," or "CTA Clicks by Landing Page."
Invert Metric (Optional): This checkbox should be selected if a lower Metric value indicates positive growth / performance (i.e., Unsubscribers, Cost per Conversion, etc.) Inverting the Custom Metric in Databox will make it so an increase in the Metric value will show a red percentage change color on a Databolock, while a decrease in the Metric value will show a green percentage change color on a Datablock.
If the data synced from the Metric and Dimension fields meet the Filter specifications, the data is retained and included in the Custom Metric value. If the data synced from the Metric and Dimension fields don't meet the Filter specifications, the data is excluded from the Custom Metric value.
Pro Tip: If you don't know which Filters to put in place for your use case, use the Dimension + Data Preview to troubleshoot and get more insight into the data that is returned from your HubSpot Marketing Account for each field. Learn more here.
Custom Metric Name: Enter a name for your Custom Metric. This Custom Metric Name will be available in the Designer after saving.
Save: Save your Custom Metric.
How to create a Custom Landing Page Metric [Example]
In this example, we'll create a Custom Metric to return a list of CTA Views by Landing Pages that have "Red" in the title.
First, click on the Advanced Options hyperlink to open the Filter section of the Metric Builder. Click on the Filter dropdown and select Dimension. Next, we'll set the Dimension as Landing Page , the Operator as Contains and enter Red in the Value textbox.
How to add a Custom Landing Page Metric to a Databoard
- If there is no data returned for the specified Date Range(s), no data will be displayed in the Preview data.
- Data is only available for published Landing Pages.
- Daily data is not available for Custom Metrics created through this Metric Builder. Because of this, you will want to view your Custom Landing Page Metrics on a Visualization Type that does not necessitate granularity options. Line Charts and Bar Charts will not be good Visualization Types for this data, but Tables, Pie Charts, and Number Blocks will be.
- When using Filters to create Custom Metrics, data will only be returned for Landing Pages published within the last 36 months.
- "Average Time on Page" is defined as the average amount of time a visitor stays on a particular page. This is calculated by the following equation: Total Time on Page / Pageviews on Page.