Guide: Using Semrush with Databox
How to connect Semrush to Databox
IN THIS SECTION
- How to connect Semrush to Databox
- Which Semrush plans can be connected with Databox?
- How to report on Project data
- How to report on multiple Position Tracking Campaigns within 1 project
- How to report on Competitors data from Semrush
- What’s the maximum amount of historical data initially available when you use a new Semrush Metric in Databox?
- What time zone does Semrush data sync in?
- How often does Semrush data sync?
How to connect Semrush to Databox
To connect a Semrush Account in Databox, go to Data Manager > + New connection. Type Semrush in the search bar and click on the green Connect button.
This will open the Authorization window, which is where you will be prompted to enter your Semrush login credentials, authorize the Databox app, and up to 5 Competitors URLs (optional).
Pro Tip: In order to report on competitors data in Databox, you must manually enter Competitors URLs (without 'http://").
If you choose not to enter any Competitor URLs, Position Tracking metrics will only return data for your URL domain.
Which Semrush plans can be connected with Databox?
Due to our partnership with Semrush and the way they've made data available to us, all Semrush accounts and plans can be connected with Databox.
You do not have to purchase API units to sync your data with Databox. We will use your Semrush login credentials to pull Semrush data to Databox.
How to report on Project data
When you set up a Project in Semrush, make sure that you enter your Domain without www. The Domain should be entered in the form "urlname.com" and not as "www.urlname.com".
If the Project Domain is not set correctly, this can cause missing keywords for the "Top Keywords by Position" Metric.
How to report on multiple Position Tracking Campaigns within 1 project
Pro Tip: In order to support multiple Position Tracking Campaigns within one project, each Campaign must be added as a separate Data Source connection in Databox.
- 1 Navigate to Management > Projects
- 2 Select the project whose Business Name you would like to access
- 3 Select Positioning Tracking
- 4 In the upper righthand corner, click the Settings icon and select Tracking + Project Name
- 5 Copy the Business Name from the Business Name for Local Map Pack textbox
- 1 Navigate to the Data Manager
- 2 Find Semrush Data Source, using the Search bar if necessary
- 3 Next to the Details button, click on the arrow and select Edit
- 3 In the Business Name field, paste the exact Business Name from Semrush
How to report on Competitors data from Semrush
When you connect your Semrush Data Source to Databox, you can specify the competitors you want to monitor and compare your data against. This can be done during the initial connection process or by editing the Data Source connection.
To add or edit Competitors for an existing Data Source connection, navigate to Data Manager and select your Semrush Data Source. From the Details drop-down menu select Edit. Add Competitors URLs (without ''https://'') and save the changes.
The given Metrics will display data only for the given competitors. These metrics are:
- Visibility trend by Competitor
- Estimated traffic by Competitor
- Average position by Competitor
What's the maximum amount of historical data initially available when you use a new Semrush Metric in Databox?
Data is synced for the Metrics that are being used in your Account, so when you first use a new Semrush Metric, the maximum amount of historical data available is 36 months. Historical data is available for the following metrics:
- Relative Visibility
- Absolute Visibility
- Estimated Traffic
- Average Position
- Average Position by Competitor
- Keywords Tracked
- Top Keywords by Position
- Top Keywords by CPC
- Top Keywords by Volume
- Keywords in TOP 3
- Keywords in TOP 10
- Keywords in TOP 20
- Keywords in TOP 100
Other Metrics don't have any historical data available. Data will start to sync once you first use a new Semrush Metric in your Account.
Pro Tip: In order to start syncing data for a Metric, you can add it to your Metrics screen, use it in a Scorecard, set a Goal around it, create an Alert for it, or add it to a Databoard. Learn more here .
The amount of historical data you're able to access in Databox is dependent on your Databox plan. Learn more
What time zone does Semrush data sync in?
Semrush data is synced in UTC.
How often does Semrush data sync?
All Semrush Data Sources will sync once a day with Databox. Learn more here.
How to access pre-built Semrush Templates
Pro Tip: Once the Databoard is available on the Databoards page, it is completely disconnected from the public Template. Therefore, you can further customize this Databoard to meet your specific needs using the Designer.
Popular Semrush Templates
How to build a Databoard using Semrush data
If a pre-built Datablock isn't available for your use case, click on the Visualization Types icon under the Metric Library icon
Popular Semrush Metrics
|Visibility Trend||Keywords in Top 3||Top Keywords by Position|
View a full list of Semrush Metrics available in Databox here.
IN THIS SECTION
- Due to technical limitations, the Date Range ''All Time'' will return a maximum 36 months of historical data.
- Keyword requests are limited to 100 keywords.
- For Position Tracking Metrics like "Total Keywords tracked'', "Top Keywords by Position", "Top Keyword by CPC", and "Top Keywords by Volume," if a keyword falls out of the top 100 it will be displayed as N/A in Semrush. In Databox, we need to show a piece of data for the keyword since we cannot display a blank value. That is why we display the position value of "101" for these keywords. This does not mean that the keyword is in the 101st position, but rather that the keyword is not among the top 100 keywords by position and is marked N/A in Semrush.
- Due to API limitations, hourly granularity is not supported. This may affect visualization options for Charts in Databox.
For example, if a Semrush Metric is used on a Line or Bar Chart with ''Yesterday'' Date Range selected, hourly data won't be displayed on the Chart.
However, the big number above the Chart will accurately reflect the Metric value for the selected Date Range.
Learn more about Granularity here.