Overview: Data Calculations
Data Calculations allows you to combine multiple Metrics through an equation to create a new Calculated Metric.
Where to find Data Calculations
Navigate to Data Manager > Data Calculations in the
How to add a new Data Calculation
There are two ways to create a Calculated Metric.
- From within Data Calculations select the green button in the top right + New Calculation.
- Navigate to Data Manager > Metrics. Scroll to the bottom where you'll find pre-built Datablocks for Calculated Metrics with an option to create a new one. These pre-built Datablocks represent the most common use cases for each Data Source.
How to build a new Calculated Metric
- Choose the first Data Source and Metric you want to use in your equation.
- Choose the operator before selecting the second Data Source and Metric for your equation. You can add, subtract, multiply or divide.
- Choose the second Data Source and Metric in your equation. You can use a Fixed Value in place of a Metric.
- Create a name for you Calculated Metric.
Once your Calculated Metric is saved, it can be added to Databoards and Notifications.
Date range in this window is only used for a preview. You can use all possible Date Ranges (available for used metrics) for this new metric when using this Calculated Metric in a Databoard or Notification.
After selecting your Metrics, you can also change the Format and Scale to customize your new Calculated Metrics to meet your reporting and display needs.